- Recognize that we love and need both parents.
- Don’t turn us into messengers. Mom and Dad should talk to each other directly.
- Don’t say bad things about our other parent.
- Don’t grill us about what is going on at our other parent’s home.
- Don’t ask us to take sides.
- Don’t make us feel like we’re being disloyal to you if we enjoy being with our other parent.
- If you have something angry to say to our other parent, don’t say it around us.
- We do not want to be used as weapons against the other parent.
- Do not bribe us or give us gift because of your guilt or revenge. More than anything we need your time, patience and attention.