A Twitter pal in South Africa, Phumzile van Damme, recently reached the beautiful age of thirty and presented us with these wise words of wisdom which are appended below.
Phumzile is an active participant in the DA (the new South African "Democratic Alliance" party) formed to fight for all the races in South Africa rather than just a section of the country.
1. Love fulfils. Love abundantly.
2. Hate consumes. Do not hold onto it.
3. You are not perfect. And, will never be.
4. Family is forever. There is no greater love.
5. Acquaintances come and go. Only true friends stay.
6. Be kind to yourself. You are your own worst enemy.
7. Be kind to others. That way, you can you live with yourself.
8. Karma is a bitch. Shit will come back and bite you in the ass.
9. Happiness is not a goal. Be happy now.
10. Sadness can be addictive. Do not let it take over your life.
11. Positive thoughts manifest. Project positivity.
12. Negative thoughts manifest. Do not project negativity.
13. Struggle is momentary. It always gets better.
14. There is not better teacher than struggle. Learn from the pain.
15. Success is 5% luck, 10% opportunity & 85% hard work. You can only rely on hard work.
16. Some thoughts are better left unsaid. Think before you speak.
17. Some thoughts must be aired. Do not let thoughts fester.
18. Some thoughts only exist as reality in your head. Differentiate between fact and fiction.
19. Stay true to your values. Hold onto your integrity.
20. Do not hold onto anger. Forgive, and sometimes, forget.
21. Always apologise. Pride is not everything.
22. Good food is comfort. Eat abundantly.
23. Love your body. You get out what you put in.
24. Do not obsess about your weight. You will gain weight.
25. People are inherently good. Trust first and only distrust with good reason.
26. Spirituality is important. Self-awareness is not infinite.
27. Read abundantly. Knowledge knows no boundaries.
28. Dance like nobody is watching. Often, nobody is watching.
29. Find pleasure in everything you do. It makes the difficult easier.
30. Love, laugh, fight, try, fail, cry, smile. These are the things that make life worth living.