So what should we look for in our new home? I will get the ball rolling and if you can think of other things please include them in a comment.
Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling and I will blog again with any useful add ons you think of. They aren't in any particular order.
1. On an incline, not at the top where you might get the wind, but high enough up so if there is substained rainfall, you won't be flooded.
2. Facing a direction what will ensure your back porch gets the sun in the morning and evening.
3. In an area which gets good mobile phone signals.
4. In an area which can receive fast Internet access.
5. In case of sickness, having a little general store not too far away.
6. Good transport links.
7. If you are a political animal, in an area where the majority of neighbours are of the same political persuasion as you as the country is beginning to polarise along political lines.
8. If you have children, having a good local school.
9. If it has all of the above, don't worry too much at what's inside the house!
I look forward to your comments.
You may link to my blog but if you want to copy my article to your own blog, please give the following credit: From "Ampers' Rants" at www.ampers.me.uk. Thank you.
I have been over zealous with political comment lately so have now accepted the offer to assemble and write for two blogs on the WatchingUK website. The "Good News" blog is for items where we have benefited from the Brexit referendum vote and the "Bad News" blog is where others have tried to damage our chances of leaving the EU.
If you like what you see, why not subscribe to the blog? You can follow Ampers' Rants by adding your email address in the box below (right) Notifications are also shown in my Twitter account: AmpersUK.